Reiki (ray-key) is a Japanese word meaning Universal Life Energy. It is a hands on healing technique rediscovered, after extensive study of the Buddhist scriptures, in the late 1800’s by a Japanese monk named Dr. Usui. This system of natural healing is based on allowing Reiki (universal life energy) to flow through the hands of the practitioner into the body of the receiving client. Reiki has become increasingly popular as a complimentary therapy in the west since 1938 when it was brought to Hawaii by Hawayo Takata. The source of Reiki is the same source as all life on the planet. Reiki works on healing our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual selves all at the same time.
How is Reiki Beneficial?
- Creates deep relaxation and aids the body to release stress and tension
- It accelerates the body’s self-healing abilities
- Aids better sleep
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve pain
- Removes energy blockages
- Adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance
- Assists the body in cleansing itself from toxins
- Supports the immune system
- Increases vitality and postpones the aging process
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing
What is a Reiki Session like?
In a session, Chona will help the receiver of Reiki energy to get into a relaxed state with the use of different essential oils, sound therapy, and crystal healing. While delving into a deep relaxation state, Chona will have the universal energy flow through her hands as they hover above the receiver’s body. The healing energy can help balance the chakras, reduce stress, and help heal trauma in the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual bodies.